Choosing a president by his… car?

| вторник, 14 июля 2009 г.

 

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

I judge people by their cars.

I wouldn’t even put it past myself to pick a presidential candidate solely by the car (or cars) he drives.

So let’s get down to business.

John McCain:

I almost choked on my own judgment when I saw that the McCains own 13 cars. THIRTEEN. Yes, I know they are rich and, heck, I’d probably own 13 cars too if I had that kind of cash. But still, as a presidential candidate, I can’t believe that someone with the means to own, store, insure and maintain 13 cars can truly understand the pains of struggling to keep my Suzuki full of gas.

According to Newsweek, the McCains’ garage looks like this: A Cadillac CTS, a Volkswagen convertible, a Honda sedan, a Ford half-ton pickup, a 1960 Willys Jeep, a Jeep Wrangler, a Lincoln, a Lexus, a GMC SUV and an assortment of NEV GEM electric vehicles (they’re like golf carts that old folks like to drive around the retirement community). 

Barack Obama:

According to Newsweek the Obamas own one car: a Hybrid Ford Escape. That certainly looks good on paper; though I’m sure the Hybrid choice was more political than personal. Still, I respect the single car choice and extend Obama a closed fist for a respectable knuckle bump.

So what about the VP candidates? Read on, my friends:

Sarah Palin:

You must keep in mind that Mrs. Palin is an Alaskan. I hear it snows up there. She also has kids to shuffle around and no doubt a load of sports equipment, shotguns and gubernatorial supplies to tote every where she goes. So, she drives a Chevy Suburban. I give her props for driving a vehicle to get the job done, but without the excess of a Navigator or Escalade. She’d get even more points if she had a Mini Cooper for those quick jaunts to the grocery store.

Joe Biden:

It seems that Mr. Biden is a little secretive on his car choices, which is a concern. What I did find is that he’s the proud owner of a 1967 Chevy Corvette. A true classic. I’m able to look past any of his secret cars and throw him my respect for his ability to know true automotive beauty.

So who gets my vote in this election? This is easy. For showing respect for the environment, a down-to-earth philosophy of owning a single car and a true flair for an American classic, I vote Obama/Biden for president.

Who gets your vote?

- tgriffith



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий