American automobile plants: The Map

| воскресенье, 2 августа 2009 г.

For the past two-and-a-half years, I’ve been working on a story on the Staver automobile. Little is known of either the company or the car, but I think I’ve succeeded in tracking down just about everything that can be tracked down at this point, and have started writing a story.

1908 Staver ER

But until today, the location of their factory, “76th and Wallace” in Chicago, has been a mystery to me. However, I’ve had a research partner on this one, Timmins A. Dodson, whose grandfather was a Staver owner and, unfortunately, investor. Tim recently dug up building permit records for Staver, and putting those addresses on the map made it all click for me.

Staver Carriage Company, 76th and Wallace, Chicago

When the story’s done, I can add a link to it online, or any other relevant information.

So I put it on a new map, permanently, and I’d like to invite anyone who’s interested in old car factories to add their own locations. Let’s dig up all those addresses, old and new, and start putting together a complete map of the automotive history of America, similar to the maps Dan’s putting together of former car dealerships.

Contribute to: American Automobile Plants.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий