Stick-Lee: The duct tape, Fifth Ave General Lee

| понедельник, 7 сентября 2009 г.

Stick-Lee: The duct tape, Fifth Ave General Lee

When I saw the story (17-year-old car lover and his Fifth Avenue), I was thinking it’d make a nice Next Generation feature for Koch. Patrick Varnadore is enrolled in the Okaloosa Applied Technology Center, on his way to the NASCAR Technical Institute August, so he’s clearly interested in more than just a cheap ride.

Then I saw the car. According to the story in the Northwest Florida Daily News, Patrick needed to hold in a window on his ‘86 Fifth Avenue. “One of my friends came up with the idea of going for a world record and covering the whole thing in duct tape,” Varnadore said. “I took it one step further and wanted to make it look like the General Lee.”

I’m not sure there is a “car most covered in duct tape” world record, but Patrick went for the gusto, anyway. He’s about 60 percent of the way there, and is in it for more than just the novelty value: He’s looking for a Grave Digger scholarship, up to $10,000 awarded by Grave Digger driver Dennis Anderson, to help cover his $40,000 NTI tuition. “I’ve always loved to watch NASCAR, but I’ve never raced,” said Patrick. “Pit row will be the next best thing to racing”

The NWFDS photos are obnoxiously watermarked, but you check out their gallery here. Their video is somewhat better, although at no point to they actually show the whole car.

Things I learned in writing this post:

  1. There’s a NASCAR Technical Institute
  2. There’s a Grave Digger scholarship at the NASCAR Technical Institute



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий